Top 5 Importancee things about Body Language ?

Top 5 Importance of body language

Communication expert like Edward Hall belive that 65% of our communication is expressed through body language and the remaining 35% is verbal. Body language consists of various elements such as dress, eye contact, facial expressions, gesture, and posture.

Body language is an important as the words that once uses in communication. If your body language is expressing something contrary to what your words are saying, your audience will not belive what you are saving.

The importance of body language incommunication is stated as follow :

Devlops Trust :-

It is said that seeing is believing. Many listener subconsciously discount what they are hearing in favour of what they are seeing. Having powerful, polished and positive body language makes your audience belive that you are an authority on the subjects.

Importance of Dress :-

The body language of the speaker can create first impression on the audience. Professional and polished outfit makes the speaker look sharp, smart and confident. When making a presentation, the speaker needs to dress appropriately to make a memorable impact on the audience. It is said that you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Importance of Eye Contact :-

The way the speaker makes use of eye contact can have a tremble impact of our presentation on the audience. The speaker needs to have meaningful eye-to-eye connection with one person at a time. The eye contact with one person may last a few seconds. Irrespective of the size of the audience, the speaker should make every possible effort to eye contact with people, and not the regions of the room.

Importance of Facial Expression:-

A good facial expression adds impact to the presentation. The all-purpose facial expression is the genuine smile. A good smile puts the audience and the speaker at ease. A cheerful facial expressions indicates that the speaker is sincere, and supportive. The audience can easily interact with the speaker with good facial expressions.

Importance of Gestures :-

The gestures must go hand in hand with what the speaker is saying. The purpose of gestures is to bring energy to the presentation or to highlight key concepts. Basically, gestures enable the audience to understand more effectively what the speaker is saying. Open handed gestures build more trust and rapport with the audience than the close-handed. When the audience can see the palms of the speaker, they subconsciously register that the speaker has nothing to hide.

Deborah Grayson Riegal :-

(international corporate trainer in communication) states that gestures are like a T-Shirt. They come in four size – small, medium, large and extra large.

  • Gestures involving only the fingers are considered small.

  • Gestures that pivot at the wrist are medium.

  • Gestures that hinge at your elbow are large.

  • Extra-large gestures originate from you’re the shoulders and move outwards, upward, or downward.

The bigger that audience, the bigger the gestures need to be in order to be visible and make an impact.

Importance of Posture :-

The audience forms an opinions of the speaker, the moment they first see the speaker. The speaker needs to stride confidently with head held high. The speaker needs to stand upright with feet hip-distance apart. The chin needs to be parallel to the floor which lengthens the spine, thereby, making the speaker look taller. A good posture creates confidence of the speaker in the minds of the audience.

Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin

1 Comment

  1. This design is incredible! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
    almost…HaHa!) Excellent job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and
    more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*